Tuesday, December 1, 2009

HALAL FUEL FOR COOKING

After having transferred to a bigger, better space for living, I began to realize what I have been missing. First, living in the vicinity of the Mosque is really very nice. Second, having more space to move around gave me a relax living environment. Third, I began to take notice of almost anything I have been using in the house especially my cooking fuel. Funny, but true, I have learned to cook the easy way on a stove with gas in tank for years now because of convenience. But, this methane gas are products of microorganisms if not fecal materials of animals. How on earth could I make my food HALAL and say "Bismillah"!

I remember in the Qur'an, Allah subhana wata Allah said that we may utilize wood that are not bearing fruits for consumption for fuel. So, in as much as the area does not allow so much smoke emissions in the air I decided to use charcoal. Charcoal from wood emits only white smoke when properly kindled. Food cook in it is just super. I can say "Bismillah". Otherwise, I use electricity. I hope someday I will have solar cells to power my cooking other than charcoal.

No comments:

Post a Comment